Thursday, February 28, 2013

Artist of the Week - Jerome Sion

"Aim High" (and a little to the right)

Jerome Sion
NO BLUE CHICKS!!!!!!

In fact, no chicks at all. Yeah, you read that right. Welcome to the world of Jerome Sion. He is a graphic designer that "paints" his stuff in photoshop. Found in the dark corners of the online art world (meaning, deviantArt), I despaired to find that there was not a single hot chick in his repertoire of paintings. So I found myself in an internal struggle - to post his stuff, against all the credo of BCAH  - or to let him languish on my hard drive, undiscovered by you, my adoring fan.

Actually, that struggle lasted about 30 seconds. Then I started typing. Because seriously, this guy's work is phat. Or whatever the current terminology is for the kids these days meaning "cool" or "totally rad".

So please, enjoy these works from a brilliant mind. I know I do. In fact, I started stalking the guy on deviantArt. I hope I didn't creep him out too much.

"A Journey". Remember, wise man say: A journey of a thousand miles ends at an empty plain where the evil overlord's castle is supposed to be. Better double check your GPS coordinates.

"Imaginary Place"

So why am I posting this guys stuff? Most of the pictures I love of his are landscapes, without much else in the way of accoutrement. Maybe it's the simplicity, maybe it's the style. But whatever it is, I find myself thinking of old pulp science fiction covers when I look at his works. Harkening back to a simpler era, of gun toting galactic explorers and their swaggering machismo.

Well, maybe not this one. I think this might be his version of a hot blue chick. A nightmare inducing, brain devouring, life stealing chick. Kind of like my ex-girlfriend.

OK, that might have been an unfair comparison. To tell the truth, I don't know that the lovely vision to the right ever ate any gray matter, or sucked the vitae out of an unsuspecting victim who only wanted to share the beauty he found on the internet with other fellow geeks. It's not my fault you're not a subtle shade of azure, dear. I didn't love you any less for that. Take your stupid cat with you, on the way out.

Sorry, I digress.

Back to our bloody mouthed beauty. Or, maybe we should move right along....

"UE"
This is the second picture of Jerome's that I found. (The first was the "Imaginary Place" image above). As near as I can tell, the UE was inspired by a university in the Philippines called, duh, "UE". At least, that's what I can tell from the description on his blog.

I actually considering breaking my cardinal rule of stalking, and was going to ask him to paint up a blue chick (or, really, any colored chick). But since the number one rule of stalking is, "Don't let them know you exist", I decided against it. But, if Jerome should happen to find this page, please consider it. So that way I might not lose my viewer. And I can keep on keepin' on.

And, if you wanted inspiration, just draw the girl that is obviously "taking care" of  the robot/armored man in your practice picture. Just sayin'.

I reckon I'll knock off now, before Jerome decides to take offense to anything I said about his wonderful artwork. Because seriously, and you know how I can be serious, I am digging his works as much as I dig the latest version of Aayla Secura or a fan edit of Elisha Cuthbert as Supergirl (no, serious. It exists. And I'm going to post it soon...).

In fact, my homage collage to Brooke Burke has officially been replaced by the picture below, "Forbidden Place".

Because the only thing hotter than Brooke Burke's forbidden place is a kickass science fiction painting of a bunch of floating rocks. Hey, you knew there was something wrong with me before. Just let me get my rocks off in peace.

"Forbidden Place" (Or, just "Really Hard to Get To Place"?)


No comments:

Post a Comment