Friday, March 15, 2013

Featured Artist - Larenn


On the one side, hot anime chick. On the other, all the horny geeks.

Larenn is an artist from Mexico - she goes by Larenn, but also apparently runs Estudio Syanne. I don't know a lot more about her. I say this, because, to my chagrin, my high school Spanish didn't teach me enough to figure out a lot about this hottie-drawing chica.

I will have to let her works speak for her. And let me tell you, they are some wonderfully stylized images that I just couldn't get enough of. Granted, you need to have a leaning towards liking either Anime or that particular Cartoon Network look, but it is well worth it for the azul-skinned babes that come out of this studio down south.

Drem is a project that Larenn did. By translating the description, I think it is: A story about a girl named Neve, who is messed up with various psychological conditions. She sees other worlds and is in love with a variety of unreal phenomenons from the other side.

What these phenomenon are and why she is in love with them, I don't know. But I think I may love Neve just a little bit. Who can resist those big purple eyes? The slender blue form. The coquettishness that she exudes?

I know I can't.

And this is just the start, for Larenn.



She not only hits the azul portion of the spectrum, but also the verde. Kind of zombie-ish, in a non-rotting sort of way. I dig the red glove. And the miniskirt. And the...towel? Scarf? Yeah, I like most of this pic. And the tat is pretty cool too.

I sure wish I was that lollipop...
Purple is up next, with the green eyes of a vixen. I'm not sure if this would qualify as emo, but whatever it does, it qualifies as a great pic. Maybe Psylocke meets depressed teenager?

I think what I like most about this pic is the color balance. It is very vivid, and really, I don't know, pops out at you.

Probably, it has to do with the hoodie. I'm a sucker for a chick in a ratty old sweatshirt. It was the crowd I hung out with in High School, and if I had my druthers, I'd be hanging out with them now.

Except none of them really want to hang out in my mother's basement with me. Or hang out with a guy thrice their age. Or thereabouts.

So, I will admire her from afar, on this the other side of the screen.

And move along to our next vision of belleza.

Don't look behind you...there's wing shaped words stuck to your back
Another striking use of color, and style. Not much else to say about this one. Other than I betcha those words say "You have giant butterfly wings in the form of words coming out of your back."

This post has gotten along quicker than I thought it was. I am going to put up another pic or two, and call it a day. I just want to say, I love all of Larenn's work. It suits my aesthetic sense, the color, the cuteness, the sleek sexiness, and the overall tone. I give her a bunch of thumbs up. Heck, I wish I was an octopus so I could give her 8 thumbs up.


On a last note, this one was done for her dad. I can only say, if I had a daughter that made such an amazing blue chick for me, well, I would buy her lots and lots of cool stuff. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment