Friday, March 8, 2013

Aion - Tower of Eternity


Aion: Tower of Eternity
by NCSoft

Like any good MMORPG, Aion has spawned hundreds, if not thousands, of hot fan generated images of their characters. World of Warcraft has its fair share, but from what I've seen, Aion has a corner on the market of lanky, sexy colored chicks.

AION by Jihyuni
Elyos and Asmodians do battle for eternity in Aion, fighting over some slight by someone or something. Does the plot matter? Nah, not to me. What matters to me is that a lot of people have made a lot of images of these Elyos and Asmos, and have graciously uploaded them to the internet for us all to ogle over.

While I can't always tell who is good or bad in the Aion pictures I've found, I know one thing - I want to go to there!

One other thing about Aion, and the artwork that it has spawned, is that the productions involved span all manner of art styles: anime, paintings, CGI, digital drawing, and cosplay. So it's been difficult weeding out the pictures I've sifted through and picking just a couple (although, since this is a family friendly blog, I've removed all the Aioxxx images and stored them safely away where no one can see them...)

I reckon my best bet is going to be to post up the images, and maybe say a couple of witty and sarcastic things about each. So here goes.

Orbin by Gen8
 We'll start out with the cute. If you check out Gen8's other works, you'll see a lot of this - round, cutesy manga type images. Which is great. Especially since this version of Orbin harkens back, in my mind, to the wonderful world of elves in Elfquest (yes, they have a Facebook page. Or should that be Elfbook page?)

In her own words, Gen8 describes Orbin as a "...pretty, evil Warrior." Which goes along with what I've said already - it's hard to tell who is good and who is evil. Apparently, evil is cute in Aion.

Oh, and that leads me to another point I'd like to make. I'm sure that my audience is familiar with the phrase "Come to the dark side, we have cookies!", and seen Darth Vader serving up a batch of Shmi Skywalker baked scrumdiddlyumptious chocolate chip cookies. Turns out, it might be Aion that originated that phrase, but because Aion is not as well known as Star Wars, the meme took hold that it was the Sith side that had the baked goods.

Yeah, I think I will come...thanks, 7guineapig7
OK, where was I? Eating cookies....mmmm...mow mow mow.

Excuse me.

Happily, Blue isn't the only offering that Aion has to, erm, offer. 

sudenjoiku


There's gray...


SatyHarvenheit




....pink









sudenjoiku





...white













...and of course, green and purple.
nipuni
There are so many more great pictures out there, but I just don't have room for them all here. I'll leave you with a couple more. The next is an actual screen shot from Aion, taken by wingsoffreedom, and then I'll finish up with a..."Ai...guh...on" picture that will leave you speechless. (unfortunately, I cannot source the last image, so if you know who did it, please let me know!)

"I came to the dark side. Now where's my cookies?"

"Cookies, you say?"


No comments:

Post a Comment