Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Featured Artist - Adam Hughes


Featured Artist - Adam Hughes

Dude. I know I'm supposed to lead off with a colored chick. But dayum. Fett in ultimate glory. I'm a Fett fan, and lemme say this is my favorite. Hands down. So I had to lead off our Featured Artist for March with the Boba Fett. Anyways, I'll continue below with chicks. As soon as I get over the coolness of that pic.

...

...


OK, done.

Adam Hughes is probably best known for the Wonder Woman, but I prefer his Super Girl.


And again, I realize she isn't colored. But don't forget in her original form she's grey, so that's gotta count for something, right? But, we aren't here to talk about Super Girl (yet). We're here to talk about Adam Hughes. He's done a lot of comic book work, but also for other genres such as *ahem* adult magazines. Wink wink. The articles. Just the articles. And the Adam Hughes art.

But he has tackled several girls whom we adore, including Darth Talon and Aayla Secura.

Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, and Barriss Offee

Darth Talon

Also, not sure if the other Twi'lek girl is Aayla or not (I don't think she is), this is a very nice picture regardless of who she is.


This one is a Catwoman. The title is S. Lee Catwoman. I'm not sure why she's blue. I don't remember Julie Newmar being blue.  I don't remember Michelle Pfeifferbeing blue. But it works. Especially the hair. Not so much the claws - too Lady Deathstrike looking for me. And how on earth would you brush your hair with those? Or take care of, erm, ahem. Family blog. Skip to the next lewd joke.

Whatever, I dig the blue Catwoman.


I couldn't decide on the last regular picture to include. It was a tossup between Black Cat, Princess Leia, or...the chosen pic - Emma Frost. Yeah. She works. Chick in White.




So, that about wraps up Adam Hughes. Check out his work, it's stylized and original in a lot of regards. I'm a big fan of most of his work (excluding his Wonder Woman, for some reason doesn't do it for me). And the last picture, well, those who get it get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment