Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Featured Artist - Jeff Simpson

"The Little Mermaid" Um. I'm wondering if this is from the story of the chick who caught Ariel in a net and gutted her.

 So this guy, Jeff Simpson, is on deviantART. I found most of his stuff to be amazing. Like, Hot amazing. But not just the chicks - his style is freaking cool and one of the more original I have seen in my traverses of the mountains of hot chick drawing meme artwork. His non-hot-chick artwork is as good or better.

Plus, he's a self deprecating type who has some great ("This Christmas sucked. So I drew someone having a worse Christmas than I'm having, to make me feel better." "SPEED PAINTING.IGNORE ME.") comments on his work.

Some of his best work reminds me of the covers for Sci-Fi pulps from the middle of the XXth Century. Which ain't a bad thing at all, but it left me with a problem. It was really tough picking out the hot chicks only. And I failed, cuz I've put more than one non-hot-chick-pic in the micks.Er, mix.


"Teeth in the Grass"

From the artist:

"SPEED PAINTING.


IGNORE ME."
It's hard to ignore her, though. I mean, seriously. "Teeth" in the grass. Where? Leaves quite a bit to the imagination. And quite possibly for the best.

Although maybe it's referring to the teeth of two hot girls rolling around in the grass in front of this hot chick, and there's some missing picture that Jeff hasn't gotten around to sharing yet.

But would, if someone commissioned him to. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.


"The Countess" is next on the roster. Not hot so much as striking. And I wonder if she just had some sushi that her purple friend at the top of the page caught. You know, I wonder if that's another painting we should have commissioned. But anyway, I dig on the form and dark content of this one.

Not as sexy, true, but you can imagine her coldly ordering the assassination of some political rival without a wince, and then comforting the poor victim's next of kin with genuine remorse on her face. Kind of like some of my exes.

And did I mention I really dig the storybook looking framing that's part of the picture?

Next piece of sushi, please.

This next is another spin-off blog in the works, I think. "Brown Chicks Underwater With Leaves For Clothing And Weird Planescape Hockey Mask Accoutrement Wielding Daggers Are Hot".

...it's the fight in the fish

Getting ready to kick some tail. Yeah, OK. I'm taking the fish metaphor a bit too far. But can you blame me? This is the guy with the fish fetish, not me. I'm just reporting. ;)

So anyway I promised 2 other pictures besides just hot chicks. There are more of them, so definitely check out his stuff on his deviantART page. But here's one of my faves in the meantime:

Darth Samurai

But I've decided, if BCAH ever decides to write a children's story, we want JEFF to do the illustrations. Because we don't believe in those namby pampy kid's books of today that are all sanitized and pure and full of smothering goodness. We want the old school Grimm, the Hans Christian Anderson, the REAL bedtime stories to scare the bejesus out of kids so they behave better.

And this would be our banner villain. Or maybe good guy. Not really sure. But whatever Jeff Daniels can draw, he can draw hot blue chicks.

"Sinker" ....(I hardly know her...)
So that about wraps up our post for this months Featured Artist. I will leave you with my hands down favorite of his images, the 2nd one that isn't a hot chick. "My Daydream". This was me in school, but about a zillion times better than I could have ever drawn...



"The Adventures of Pillboy"

No comments:

Post a Comment