Sunday, May 15, 2011

Featured Artist - Warren Louw

Featured Artist- Warren Louw on Facebook deviantART The above picture, done by our featured Artist of the Month for May, is Alandra from Castle Age. Warren is a graphic designer from South Africa. He's a pretty cool sounding guy who appreciates what he does and seems like he really enjoys creating great art for us. In the artist's words:

This was completed just over a year ago, so Im totally happy I can finally share this! Working for the guys at Phoenix Age has been a an awesome experience since Im actually getting to do art with backgrounds. Who knew it would be so much fun!
And, for those who have been patient, this is the artist who did "Forbidden", featured as a teaser on April 2nd, 2011.


Still Forbidden. Sigh.


 I originally found Warren Louw through his amazing Emma Frost. He definitely skimps her down on her costume - I don't know if she lost a bet, or is stuck in one of those dreams where you wake up at the Hellfire Club and realize you're wearing nothing but your underwear.

Of course, we won't hold it against him. Although I really wonder why an Ice Queen isn't portrayed as blue. Sure, she's the "White Queen" and all, but seriously. Ice = cold = blue skinned and chattering teeth. Right? I guess maybe I should hire someone to do up Emma "Blue for you" Frost. But in the meantime, I'll keep on with some of Warren's other works.



So next up is Felicia. Yeah, a cat woman. A samurai cat woman. Or maybe she's a rat woman. Or a bunny? Nah, ears are too short. Again, skimping on the clothing angle to wonderfully delightful effect. And the best part of this picture? A full moon and a half moon in the same picture.

And wicked wolf in the background. Although she also does not have blue skin, I figured the blue hair was worthy of addition in Warren's stable.


Now a couple of "mundane" chicks. And here is what I fell in love with. Subtly, with the assistance of some special lighting, Jinnyeh captures the essence of Blue Chicks. This beauty is staying in my "favorites" category for quite a while, I reckon.

Jinnyeh. Maybe more of a purple girl.
Jinny without the Blue Light Special
Now, I highly recommend you check out Warren's deviantART site, because this small selection doesn't do him justice. He's got a bunch of super hot chicks, along with some cool other artwork as well. I was planning on leaving you with 2 more images to whet your appetite, but I couldn't narrow it down, so here's: Gia, Caroline, Megan (yes, the Fox), and Yummy. Er, scratch the "yummy". It's Baby Doll from Sucker Punch. (Sucker Punch? I hardly know her!)




(And for those keeping track, I really just did this post on 5/11/12 and backdated it because I slacked for about a year. I love me the internet and it's tricky time-keeping magic)

No comments:

Post a Comment