Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Aayla Secura - Amy Allen

Aayla Secura - Amy Allen
From Star Wars: The Republic Trilogy
(That's just what I call Eps 1, 2, and 3. I call the originals The Empire Trilogy)

Aayla Secura has already been named the hottest blue chick, ever. Yes, ever. This is a post dedicated to Amy Allen portraying Aayla Secura.

 Aayla Secura, as mentioned elsewhere, was the first character created in the Extended Universe of Star Wars and then brought into a movie. So it's interesting that a person had to be chosen that looked like Aayla Secura, rather than the person who originally played the character being rendered into comic book or other artwork form. Casting must have been difficult, neh?

Well, Amy Allen does all right in my book. The iconic image of her, striding down a Felucian trail, sensing the changing of the Clones, right before being excised from Star Wars history in one fell swoop. Well, several blaster pistol swoops. My favorite scene of her from the movies. Of which she was in like 5 minutes, tops. I actually didn't bother going back and researching how many minutes she was in the movies, so don't take my word for it. It wasn't an easy Google search away from being answered so I didn't bother.

Anyway, I digress. Back to the blue. Amy Allen in some publicity shots pre-Attack release. (Again I'm guessing. Please don't sue me, George.)

She didn't get a huge role in the movies, but Aurra Sing got an even worse deal. She was in the movie for a brief second as a background shot during the Amazingly Awesome Pod Race in Phantom. Aurra went on to become a star in her own right in comics and other outside medium.

Including a fight with Aayla Secura. Yeah, that's right. Battle of the, well, can't really say that word. How hot would that have been in movie form? Amy Allen versus Michonne Bourriague? Who wouldn't pay to see that?

Well, as usual, I digress. Here's a last thought for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment